When you’re craving comfort food, it may not get any better than meatloaf. And what’s not to love? Perfectly spiced, moist and tender — may be wrapped in bacon, like a gift — and baptized with gravy. Meatloaf is a beautiful thing. Sigh. Do you see how just the thought of meatloaf gets some of us worked up?
Prepare the meatloaf in the morning if you prefer, so all you have to do is throw it in the oven when you come home. Because comfort food, like love, should be easy like that.
- 1/2 large onion finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 C ketchup
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp Greek seasoning
- 1 tsp Creole seasoning
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 C. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped onion, bell pepper, ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, garlic powder, egg and seasonings.
- Pour 1 1/2 C. of water in the bottom of your Instant Pot. Add the trivet, and the steamer basket. Shape your meatloaf in the shape of a solid mound on a sheet of aluminum foil (or, the steamer basket). Gently set within the Instant Pot on top of the trivet.
- Secure the lid to the Instant Pot and ensure the valve is closed. Cook the meatloaf on high pressure for 25 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot beeps, carefully remove the meatloaf. Stir the toppings together until well blended, and drizzle over the top of the meatloaf. Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until browned (optional).
- Allow the meatloaf 8-10 minutes of standing time before slicing and serving.
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 121mg | Sodium: 1005mg | Potassium: 874mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 579IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 5mg