KFC Chicken is irrefutably one of the best tasting fast food meals around the world. Juicy and crispy, learn how to cook it the right way at home.
KFC Chicken is certainly an international sensation with its iconic herb and spices secret recipe. It belongs to the world’s greatest popular fast food dishes and rightly so because it actually does taste extraordinary.
KFC Chicken Copycat
- 1 or 2 chickens (cut into 10 pieces (2 wings, 2 legs, 2 thighs and the breasts each cut in half to make 4 pieces))
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons white pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup pickle juice
- Oil for deep frying
- First Mix all of the herbs and spices from the Dry Mix list and set aside.
- Then Cut the chicken into pieces.
- In a big bowl mix buttermilk with pickle juice, add chicken pieces, stir to coat. Cover and marinate for 2-8 hours in the fridge.
- After Remove chicken from the buttermilk and let any excess buttermilk drip off.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour combination on all sides, then shake off the excess coating.
- After Place it on a cookie sheet and let it rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Add oil to a deep fryer or a large pot that is at least five (5) inches high.
- Then Heat the oil to 350 degrees and fry the chicken in small batches for 15-18 minutes, until nicely golden-brown.
- After Remove the chicken from the oil and add to a drying rack on top of a clean cookie sheet for any excess oil to drip off.
- Do not place it directly on a paper towel, the bottom of the chicken will steam from the heat and become soft.
- Finally Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.