This keto strawberry rhubarb swirl ice cream is the perfect method to cool off this summer! Comfortable keto strawberry rhubarb sauce is swirled into creamy vanilla ice cream to make this crowd-pleasing dessert. If you make this keto ice cream, be prepared for it to disappear quickly—it always does in my house!
Rhubarb’s distinct taste paired with strawberries is a long-standing combination. There’s a reason this mixture is so popular – it’s delicious! The sweetness of strawberries flawlessly complements the tartness of rhubarb. This ice cream keto recipe is nostalgic of a old-style strawberry rhubarb pie topped with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, just without the crust!
Keto Strawberry Rhubarb Swirl Ice Cream
Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons granulated stevia/erythritol blend
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- ½ cup diced rhubarb
- 16 ounces heavy whipping cream
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup granulated stevia/erythritol blend
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
For the strawberry rhubarb sauce:
- First In a medium saucepan, combine the sweetener and xanthan gum.
- Then Slowly whisk in water and lemon juice until combined.
- After Add strawberries and rhubarb and bring saucepan to medium heat, stirring regularly.
- After Heat mixture until the rhubarb softens (about 4-6 minutes) and then remove from heat. Let sauce cool to room temperature before adding to the ice cream.
For the ice cream:
- First In a big bowl, combine heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and sweetener.
- Then Using an electric mixer, whip the combination until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly add the almond milk, blending between each addition. Beat combination until it re-thickens slightly.
- Transfer combination to ice cream machine and freeze per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Once the combination has reached the creamy texture of ice cream, transfer it to a freezer-safe container. Add the strawberry rhubarb sauce and swirl together with a spoon. Cool in freezer for 2-3 hours before serving, stirring at 30 minute increments.
This makes a total of 6 servings of Strawberry Rhubarb Swirl Ice Cream. Each serving comes out to be 285 Calories, 29.1g Fats, 3.62g Net Carbs, and 2.64g Protein.