When you want to get a whole meal on the table without creating a mess of plates in the sink, try out a casserole dinner. This Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole recipe brings together the savory flavors of chicken, sliced ham, and Swiss cheese over a bed of cauliflower.
However the real winner here? The sauce! It’s creamy with a kick from the Dijon mustard and truly binds all the elements of this simple meal together. And just for fun, I’ve topped the whole spread with pork rinds for a salty extra bit of crunch!
- Make the topping as crunchy as you’d like! I love a big crunch so I kept certain of my pork rinds in big chunks to categorically add crispiness to the topping. However, you can crush them down further to have extra of a breadcrumb texture.
- Not a fan of pork rinds? Try adding bacon crumbles over top to add certain crunch and saltiness.
KETO CHICKEN CORDON BLEU CASSEROLE
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 60 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 15 MINUTES
Lovely Chicken Cordon Bleu is converted into an easy weeknight casserole dish with layers of chicken, ham, and Swiss cheese.
- 1 large cauliflower head (cut cauliflower into medium size florets)
- 4-5 chicken breast, cut into 1/2 cubes
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3-4 tablespoons Dijon mustard (if you are a fan of dijon, bump it up to 4 tablespoons)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8-10 slices deli ham, cut into strips
- 11 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 cups crushed pork rinds
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1-First pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 13×9 casserole dish by olive oil to prevent sticking.
2-After pour cauliflower florets in the casserole dish, spread out evenly to create the bottom layer.
3-Now in a large bowl, mix together sour cream, mustard, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Add in cubed chicken and toss to coat the chicken totally.
4-After pour chicken combination on top of cauliflower florets and spread out evenly.
5-Add sliced deli ham on top of spread. Top with sliced Swiss cheese covering the ham.
6-Top the layers of chicken, ham, and cheese with crushed pork rinds and parmesan cheese. Place in oven to bake for 1 hour.
7-Top with extra parmesan cheese when serving if desired. Enjoy!
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 516, Total Carbohydrates: 5g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar Alcohols: 0, Net Carbohydrates: 4g, Total Fat: 31g, Protein: 53g