Are Casseroles a staple in your household, too?
Casseroles can be so easy yet so delicious. via shredded chicken and Lina’s alfredo sauce, this plate is already mouthwatering, but when you add cheese and veggies to the mix… OH MY GOD! This is a huge comfort food meal!
• This is a simple casserole to make ahead of time and freeze for a busy weeknight.
• Not a fan of spinach? No fears! Just add your favorite vegetable to the dish – as, broccoli is a huge alternative.
• You can employ a rotisserie chicken to cut your time in half. I always make a Crock-Pot full of chicken at the beginning of the week and then employ it throughout the week to make diverse meals. It’s absolutely a big time saver on busy weeknights! Another option is to boil your chicken like Marley does when making this amazing casserole.
KETO CHICKEN ALFREDO CASSEROLE
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 35 MINUTES
total time: 50 MINUTES
Comforting casserole with creamy alfredo sauce, spinach, and hearty chicken. You’d never guess it’s low-carb!
• 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
• 2 cups spinach
• 1 bag frozen riced cauliflower
• 1 teaspoon basil
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 1 egg
• 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Lina’s Alfredo Sauce:
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 2 tablespoons cream cheese
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1 cup parmesan cheese
• 3 garlic cloves
• pinch of salt
• pinch of pepper
• pinch of nutmeg
1-First pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9″x13″ pan with butter or olive oil to prevent sticking.
2-To make Lina’s keto-friendly alfredo sauce:
• Melt butter and cream cheese in a medium saucepan or skillet on the stove using medium heat.
• After add garlic and cook until fragrant, two minutes.
• Add heavy cream and stir in parmesan cheese a little at a time, stirring until incorporated.
• Let melt and thicken for six minutes.
• Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3-In a large bowl combine shredded cooked chicken, spinach, riced cauliflower, basil, onion, egg, and cheddar cheese.
4-Pour shredded chicken mixture into a greased 9×13 pan.
5-Pour alfredo sauce over the chicken mixture and top with mozzarella cheese.
6-Bake for thirty-five minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Serve and enjoy!
Yield: 8, Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 443, Total Carbohydrates: 8g, Fiber: 1g, Net Carbohydrates: 7g, Total Fat: 25g, Protein: 46g