A really one-pot meal! Fork-tender beef and mushrooms with egg noodles. This recipe is written using the Instant Pot.
Cordibeef Stroganoff For Instant Pot
• 2 tablespoons canola oil
• 1/2 onion, diced
• 2 teaspoons salt, divided
• 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 3 cups chopped mushrooms
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 3 cups chicken broth
• 1 (16 ounces) package wide egg noodles
• 3/4 cup sour cream, or to taste
• Add all ingredients to list
1. First Turn on your Instant Pot and choose Saute function.
2. After Heat oil for one minute. Add onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook and stir until onion begins to soften, three to four minutes.
3. Then Season beef with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add to the pot. Cook and stir until browned consistently on all sides, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and thyme; cook until fragrant, about two seconds. Pour in soy sauce. Stir mushrooms into the pot. Stir in flour until evenly incorporated. Pour in chicken broth and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Close and lock the lid. Set timer for 10 minutes. Set to high pressure according to manufacturer’s commands, 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Release pressure vigilantly using the quick-release method. unlock pressure cooker; stir in egg noodles. Seal and bring to high pressure again, about five minutes; cook for 5 minutes.
5. Release pressure logically according to the manufacturer’s instruction for five minutes. Release remaining pressure using the quick-release method. Open pressure cooker; stir in sour cream.