The Air Fryer is unique of those kitchen creations that seem too good to be true. Here are certain more sweet and savory ways to use this marvelous invention.
1-Air Fryer Donuts
FOR THE DONUTS
1/2 c. milk
1/4 c.plus 1 tsp. Granulated sugar, divided
1(0.25-oz.) packet or 2 1/4 tsp. Active-dry yeast
1/2 tsp.kosher salt
4 tbsp.melted butter
1 large egg
1 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
FOR THE VANILLA GLAZE
1 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp.pure vanilla extract
FOR THE CHOCOLATE GLAZE
3/4 c.powdered sugar
1/4 c.unsweetened cocoa powder
FOR THE CINNAMON SUGAR
1/2 c.granulated sugar
2 tbsp.ground cinnamon
2 tbsp.melted butter
MAKE THE DOUGHNUTS
- First Grease a large bowl by cooking spray. In a small, microwave-safe bowl or glass measuring cup, add milk. Microwave until lukewarm, 40 seconds. Add a teaspoon of sugar and stir to dissolve, and then sprinkle over yeast and let sit until frothy, about eight minutes.
- After In a medium ball, whisk together flour and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together remaining ¼ cup sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla. Pour in yeast mixture, combination to combine, then add in dry ingredients, stirring with a wooden spoon until a shaggy dough forms.
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead until elastic and lone slightly tacky, adding more flour a teaspoon at a time if needed, about five minutes. Form into a ball then place dough in oiled bowl and cover with a clean dishtowel. Let dough rise in a warm spot until doubled in size, about one hour.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease with cooking spray. Punch down dough, then turn onto a lightly floured work surface and roll out into a ½ » thick rectangle.
- Using a doughnut cutter or 3″ and 1″ biscuit cutters, punch out your doughnuts. Knead some scraps together and punch out more doughnuts or holes. Place doughnuts and holes onto baking sheets, cover with dishtowel, and let rise again, forty minutes to one hour more.
- Grease basket of air fryer with cooking spray and add 2 doughnuts and 2 doughnut holes at a time, making sure doughnuts do not touch. Cook at 375° for six minutes, until golden. Place on cooling rack and repeat with remaining dough.
- Dip doughnuts in glaze or follow orders for cinnamon sugar. Return to cooling rack and let set for 5 minutes before serving.
MAKE THE VANILLA GLAZE:
- In a medium bowl whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
MAKE THE CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- In a medium bowl whisk together powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and milk.
MAKE THE CINNAMON SUGAR
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk together cinnamon and sugar. Brush doughnuts with melted butter and toss in cinnamon sugar.
2-Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
FOR THE ROLLS
2 tbsp. melted butter, plus more for brushing
1/3 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
All-purpose flour, for surface
1 (8-oz.) tube refrigerated Crescent rolls
FOR THE GLAZE
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 tbsp. whole milk, plus more if needed
- Make rolls: Line bottom of air fryer with parchment paper and brush with butter. In a medium bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and a large pinch of salt until smooth and fluffy.
- on a lightly floured surface, roll out crescent rolls in one piece. Pinch seams together and fold in half. Roll into a 9″-x-7″ rectangle. Spread butter mixture over dough, leaving 1/4-inch border. Starting at a long edge, roll up dough like a jellyroll, then cut crosswise into six pieces.
- Arrange pieces in prepared air fryer, cut-side up, spaced consistently.
- Set air fryer to 350°, and cook until golden and cooked through, about ten minutes.
- Make the glaze: In a medium bowl, Whisk cream cheese, powdered sugar, and milk together. Add more milk by the teaspoonful, if essential, to thin glaze.
- Spread glaze over warm cinnamon rolls and serve.
3-Air Fryer Apple Fritters
- 1 cup Apples chopped
- 1 cup Milk we use dairy free milk
- 1 3/4 cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Egg beaten
- Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl mix the flour and baking powder.
- In the measuring cup, measure the milk and add the egg, stir to combine.
- Add the chopped apples to the flour mixture and then add the milk mixture to the bowl. Stir until the flour is just moistened.
- Place enough oil to fry the apple fritters into a pan or deep fryer. Heat until hot about 375 degrees.
- Drop batter by tablespoon into the hot fat. Be careful as you drop the batter in, the oil could splash and burn your skin. Be cautious when working with hot oil and keep children away. Cook 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once while frying.
- Drain on paper towels. Repeat for remaining batter.
- Serve warm by maple syrup and/or sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
4-Air Fryer Banana S’mores
- 4 bananas
- 3 TABLESPOONS mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 TABLESPOONS mini peanut butter chips
- 3 TABLESPOONS mini marshmallows
- 3 TABLESPOONS graham cracker cereal
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 400ºF.
- Slice into the un-peeled bananas lengthwise along the inside of the curve, but do not slice through the bottom of the peel. Open the banana slightly to form a pocket.
- Fill each pocket with chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and marshmallows. Poke the graham cracker cereal into the filling.
- Place the bananas into the air fryer basket, resting them on each other to keep them upright with the filling facing up. Air-fry for 6 minutes, or until the banana is soft to the touch, the peel has blackened and the chocolate and marshmallows have melted and toasted.
- Let them cool for a couple of minutes and then simply serve with a spoon to spoon out the filling.
5-Air Fryer Cherry Hand Pies
- 14 oz package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1/2 cup cherry pie filling
- non-stick cooking spray
- 3 Tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon milk
- Unroll refrigerated pie crusts according to package directions.
- Cut out 6 pies with cookie cutter.
- Place 1.5 Tablespoons cherry pie filling near the center of each piece of dough.