A rapid but flavorful air fryer chicken breast recipe that is ready in just twenty minutes! With a wonderful simple breading that gets crispy and tasty in the air fryer.
Need to get dinner on the table rapidly? This is your recipe! This easy but versatile air fryer chicken breast is a actual crowd-pleaser and is so simple to make.
by a delicious breading that gets good and crispy in the air fryer, it adds a ton of taste to your chicken. And the best part is that it can be on your table in just twenty minutes!
How to cook chicken breast in an air fryer
I bet you’ve never made a breaded chicken recipe that is this easy before! We are skipping the usual flour/egg/breading routine in favor of a simpler and quicker way of getting things done.
Here’s how to cook chicken breast in an air fryer:
- slice chicken breasts in half across to make 2 thin slices per breast
- brush with olive oil
- mix up breading: bread crumbs, salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and a tiny bit of cayenne
- coat chicken all over in the breading, shake excess off
- cook 2 slices at a time in a single layer in your air fryer basket: six minutes total, flipping partway through. You can test with a digital thermometer to make sure your chicken reaches one hundred sixty-five °F or cut one open.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (see *)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/16 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- First heat air fryer to 390°F / 200 °C.
- Slice chicken breasts in half parallel to make two thin chicken breast halves from each.
- Brush each side lightly with olive oil.
- after stir together the breading ingredient. Dredge the chicken breasts in the breading mulitple times until they are thoroughly coated.
- Shake off excess breading, and put in a single layer in the air fryer
- Cook for four minutes, flip, then two more minutes. Cook time will depend on the size and thickness of your chicken breasts, so either check with a digital thermometer that chicken has reached 165°F or cut one in half.
To prepare ahead
- These air fryer chicken breasts may be cooked 2-3 days ahead and stored in the fridge. put them back in the air fryer for three minutes until heated through and breading is crispy again.
Serving: 1chicken breast half (roughly 3.5 oz) | Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 472mg | Potassium: 432mg | Vitamin A: 170IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 0.8mg