warm and comforting like this Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole can whip together pretty quickly, and even be something that the whole family can be please with. Feel free to top it off with your favorite hamburger toppings (keto-friendly of course).
In addition to being a quick and easy Keto dinner, this Cheeseburger Casserole reheats really well too, making it a great candidate for leftovers and even meal prep. Just make a big dish like this recipe all at once and then separate your leftovers into single-serve containers for quick and easy reheating later.
We highly recommend using Grass-Fed Beef if you can find it, but if you can’t or if you prefer to keep the costs down, regular 85/15 Ground Beef makes for a good substitution. The Grass-Fed Beef tends to be naturally leaner, so you probably wouldn’t want to use something fatty like the cheaper 70/30 ground beef that you often find in bulk.
Let us know in the comments section at the bottom of the recipe what your personal twist on this Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole would be!
- 2 lbs Grass-Fed Ground Beef
- 1 lb Uncured Bacon
- 12 oz Cheddar Cheese
- 8 Large Cage-Free Eggs
- 1 Cup Sugar-Free Salsa
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Pre-Heat the Oven to 350*F.
- Start out by prepping your ingredients, which will include shredding the Cheddar Cheese, Cutting up the Uncured Bacon. Set the cheese aside for now.
- In a Large Frying Pan cook up the Sliced Bacon Pieces and set them aside.
- In a Large Frying Pan brown 2 pounds of Grass-Fed Ground Beef, and season it with 2 Cloves of minced Garlic, 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder, 1/2 Tsp Pink Himalayan Salt, and 1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper.
- When the Beef is browned all the way, add the Bacon back in and transfer it into a Casserole Dish.
- In a Large Mixing Bowl crack 8 Large Cage-Free Eggs, and add in 1 Cup Sugar-Free Salsa, and 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream and whisk together.
- Add about 2/3 of the Cheddar Cheese (8 ounces approximately) to the Egg Mixture, and incorporate well.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the Beef in the Casserole Dish, but do not stir them together. It Works best as layers.
- Top the Casserole with the remaining Cheddar Cheese (4 ounces Approximately) and place in the oven to bake about 16 Minutes @ 350*F.
- Keep an eye on the cheese, and remove from the oven when the Cheddar Cheese topping has a nice bubbly and crispy layer on the top.
- Garnish with you favorite Keto-Friendly Toppings (Special Sauce, Lettuce, Cheese, Pickles, Onions…..you know, LOL)