An easy yet delicious one-pot Shredded Mexican Chicken that’s not only kid-friendly but also versatile and ideal for busy weeknights!
One-pot recipes are simply amazing to have. You know how things go… during the week, we all get so busy with work, kids and family happenings that we need that saving grace at the dinner table.
Something everybody will love, particularly the kids.
This one-pot meal is fantastic simple to throw together and well-loved by everybody who sits down at the dinner table.. It has a mish-mosh of unbelievable flavors, all rolled into one. Enjoy it in a rice bowl, tuck this chicken into burritos or drop it on some rice for a rapid, easy dinner.
A one-pot meal that combines a handful of ingredients in less than twenty minutes.
INSTANT POT MEXICAN SHREDDED CHICKEN
These ingredients are super easy pantry staples that everybody will have laying in their pantry. Kick it up a bit by using a hot salsa in lieu of mild. Or add some cayenne to give it some extra zip…
Whatever you do, make enough to allow yourself the grace of leftovers because this is one recipe you will want to eat over and over again!
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts*thawed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 C salsa *mild or hot
- 14.5 oz canned tomatoes
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt or more, to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- First, in your empty Instant Pot, lay the chicken on the bottom and brush with the olive oil.
- After, add all the other ingredients on top of the chicken in no particular order.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot, and close the valve. Set the timer for high (manual) for twenty-seven minutes.
- After, when the pot beeps, release the pressure, shred the chicken in the pot. Allow it a few minutes to continue to absorb the liquid.
- Serve with sour cream.
Leftovers can be refrigerated and enjoy within three days. If desired, substitute maple syrup or coconut palm sugar in lieu of the brown sugar.
Calories: 264kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 834mg | Potassium: 872mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 774IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 2mg