A growing assemblage of Instant Pot beef recipes and pressure cooker beef recipes that are smashingly lovely and an absolute breeze to throw together! Many of you got this lovely, brand new pressure cooker this past holiday. For some, it might still be sitting in the box!
CARNE CON CHILE ROJO
- 8 New Mexico Chiles, stems and seeds removed
- 2 C. hot chicken or beef broth
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 lbs beef chuck roast, cubed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp chiltepin chiles, crushed (or substitute a teaspoon of red pepper flakes)
- 1/4 tsp Mexican oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pour your hot broth in a blender along by your chiles. Allow them to sit, completely submerged, until soft ten minutes.
- In the meantime, use the saute function to saute the garlic then onions just until soft. Add the onions then garlic to the blender along with the chiles, coriander, cumin, tomatoes, salt, and pepper then blend until smooth.
- Use the saute feature to saute the chuck roast and chiles in olive oil then butter for four minutes; season with Mexican oregano, salt, and pepper. Turn saute off, and pour the blended chile mixture over the meat.
- Lock the lid on the Instant Pot and close the valve; set the timer to 25 minutes. Once done, allow the Instant Pot to release the pressure logically for ten minutes, then do a rapid release on any remaining pressure. Season as needed with additional salt then pepper.
- Serve with your preferred sides along with warm tortillas de harina or maiz. Enjoy!
INSTANT POT UNSTUFFED PEPPERS
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt or more as needed
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper or more, to taste
- 1 green bell pepper cut into strips and strips into thirds
- 1/2 C long-grain white rice uncooked
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 C beef broth
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce* or, Soy-free Worcestershire substitute – below
- 3/4 C. shredded cheese for serving
- First use the saute feature to brown your ground beef, onion then garlic in your Instant Pot; season as needed (salt, pepper).
- After draining any fat, making sure to keep the ground beef in the pot, then to the pot, add the bell pepper, rice, diced tomatoes by juice, tomato sauce, broth, and Worcestershire sauce – no need to be perfect, just dump in the pot.
- Then give all in the pot a good stir, then place the lid on the Instant Pot. Seal the valve. Set the timer for manual (high pressure) for five minutes.
- When the pot beeps finished, natural release for five minutes, then do a rapid release with any remaining pressure.
- Serve in bowls and top with shredded cheese. Refrigerate leftovers and enjoy within 48-72 hours.
Balsamic Vinegar Roast Beef Sandwiches
2-3 lb boneless chuck or round roast (cut up in 3-4 pieces)
1/2 cup of beef broth
1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon of honey
1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
2 cloves of garlic, chopped up
First Start by adding broth, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, honey, red pepper flakes, then garlic into your Instant Pot liner and stirring until well combined.
Next, place your beef roast into the Instant Pot Liner, then turn over a few times so all sides are coated in the marinade mixture.
After Cover with the Instant Pot lid, and set to seal.
Then place on manual high pressure and set for 75 minutes.
When the cooking cycle has finished, allow the pressure to logically release for 10 minutes.
After the pressure, the release is finished, open the valve to let out any remaining pressure, and open lid.
After shredding the beef with forks or tongs and mix well with the sauce.